February 1, 2010

fickle whim?

So Poppy's little star tag was ripped off when *someone* put her leash on the wrong ring to go out. One pull towards a squirrel, and I'm sure the thin metal pulled straight off. And her little tag too.


So I was troving around etsy to try to find a cool, hip new tag for her and came across all these lovely specimens (each photo links to the respective etsy shops)
:::

fitting?
stinking adorable
or copper? and ball junkie?
 Yes, please!

And then I thought... why... *I*... could make those tags! I did some reasearch on metal stamping and drove around to various craft stores on Sunday, thusly realizing, that no one carries craft metal stamping equipment in my area. 

But seriously? How adorable are those? And I could make lots of different ones! Some for friends! Some for family! Some to sell!! (Did you see those etsy peeps' sales? Nearly 1,000 buyers!!) Obviously overpriced niche pet stuff totally has a market right now-- maybe it's time to hop on that cash cow?

Eh. Eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment