January 2, 2010

Ok. Fine. I'm Here.



The crazy part about writing something publicly is that there is a slight bit of accountability that comes with it. So yeah.

Resolution: write more.

This is a seriously slow night, and I really do have things to write about... ideas, conversations, things that I've been mulling about. But do you know how hard it's been for me to actually pull up this stinkin page and put it down? Hard. No really...

So, like we were saying...


Today has been nice. After 10 days of not working, I have officially reached the relaxed portion of this vacation. I could seriously get into this, people... I slept in until 9, which is nearly unheard of. I resolved that today was T- minus 19 days until our lovely little Mexican getaway, so *clap clap* - I am starting immediately to remedy my holiday excesses. I bought a 2-week toxin cleanse at Whole Foods, which involves lots of herbal capsules that you take to assist your liver and circulation and those those important bits that need detoxifying. I did some research online, and there is generally nothing negative written up-- other than the naysayers who advise 'not to waste your money'-- so I am generally excited to start. And that means that during the two weeks, I need to eat healthfully, drink plenty of water, and generally let my body do it's detoxification thing. I'll keep you posted on the progress. And also, that means no wine. Boo, but necessary.


:::

So we troved around today at no less than 6 stores for the elusive perfectly-sized chair for our main room. Right now, we have a stand-in chair-- our wooden cushioned patio chair that has been hanging out in the front porch. It's actually kind of nice there, that is, until we find a permanent one. It is pretty difficult, by the way, to find a chair in a lightish color, preferably a tone of wheat or green or lightish cinnamon that is both not too bulky, not too tall, not too short, and not too expensive. So the hunt continues.

:::

So I linked to a blog on LMG's page called Cold Antler Farm. And in two days flat, I read two years of her posts and promptly decided that I(we) need to quit dallying around in the life department and start really (...no really) thinking about what the heck we want do, where we want to live, etc. I mean, heck, we're not 22 (or 24, or.... 27) anymore. However we got here, we are safely buckled in on the Fast Track to Surburban Living, hopefully halting to a screeching stop just short of a Lexus and a 40 inch tv hanging on our wall (oh, wait.) I'm not sure I love that. Why WHY WHY do I clammer out of bed at the fricking buttcrack of dawn everyday to get ready to sit in traffic for an hour to do something for 9 hours at a job I'm not passionate about just to sit in traffic for another hour and come home to decompress just long enough to do it all over again. Really? I know, I know. I need health insurance, we need to make our house payments, put food on the table. We need to save for retirement, buy clothes and gas and pay our bills, ensure our financial stability. Blah blah blah. All I'm saying is that there has got to be a better, more meaningful way. A way that is meaningful to us, not everyone else. More on this later, I'm sure.

:::

Also, we think we might good New Englanders.
Also, there is a potential job opportunity near Albany.
It's less than an hour from Vermont, and seeing how I love snow, cider, and sleighs, I think I'd fit right in.


A toasty evening to you and yours. 


It's crazy cold out there, people, and definitely a two-ears-down, laying on the electric blanket kind of night.

No comments:

Post a Comment