January 3, 2010

together again

Oh hey, did I mention that it was cold? Did I happen to mention that my kitchen is only about...ooo... 20 degrees warmer than the outside temperature? Sure, sure, we put in a new window. But when the other 75% of glassed surfaces in the kitchen are wonky, I bet I could make ice cream just by mixing ingredients together. No special equipment required.


So, we cranked up our Senior Citizen boiler in the basement, and it promptly rebelled by increasing the pressure to the scary"red zone" on the little meter-- meaning that it relieved it's frustrations by spitting water out the safety valve onto the floor. Baby. So we decreased the heat and sifted around through drawers for our heating guy's number. We'll have to give him a call tomorrow, because isn't it always the case that boiler incidents happen in subzero conditions on Sundays? I mean, honestly, there is no better time.


:::


On another note. We've always split the hunch/buffet and put them in different places downstairs, but over the weekend as we took down the tree and moved things around, I decided it was time to put them back together. They look nice, huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment