February 7, 2010

gettin' my craft on....




EEE I bought my stamping stuff, I'm totally pumped!


I ended up getting a package kit from Romazone's Etsy Shop, which seems to be pretty comprehensive. After trying to piece it together from different sites, I decided just to break it down and consolidate the search! 


So the alphabet set I'm going with right now is a 2.5mm block set. It's nothing fancy, but it's a start. I drooled over these lovely fonts over at Beaducation, but let's wait until I advance a bit, eh? I also picked out a few design stamps, like the Shamrock (for Darby O'Gill) some cute little asterisks for Poppy and a dog bone for general dog tags.


Anyway, I haven't even made my first test stamp, and I'm already wondering what I could call my shop, how I could market and sell my stuff... if it even turns out? And then... what about soaps? How would I brand a store that sold metal stamped tags... and soap? I'd be very interested to talk to anyone who has some ideas around that. It couldn't be a theme store... like this jewelry one or soap one like this. It have to be more of a lifestyle one, maybe? Maybe one that focused more on general crafts, with a spunky grassroots do-it-yourself vibe?  I need a brand here, people. A marketing plan?


Either way, it's exciting and fun, and I love pretending I'm a little entrepreneur over here.


Cha ching,

Cider

1 comment:

  1. I'm feelin' a "Poppy" brand... could have a logo of a bright red poppy.....hmmm....I like it.
    LP

    ReplyDelete