January 5, 2009

Gettin' gritty with it

I came home today and was greeted by the unbelievable aroma of my new soap, which was tucked away in its mold, snuggled in towels. So, get ready- you'll all be getting some if it indeed does not burn off our skin at testing time.

It's my new formula: "Gardener's Grits."

It contains Palm, Coconut and Olive Oil, plus 2.5 whole ounces of essential oils (how do people earn money making soap again?)

Oh and did I mention the smell? It's delicious-- Geranium, Patchouli and Lemongrass. It's such a pretty wheaty color-- I even tossed in some stone-ground corn grits to lather up some exfoliation action. Great for the shower or the potting shed (if, by chance, you own one I'm jealous.)

Four weeks to cure, and then I'm lathering up, potting shed or not!

2 comments:

  1. But not *patchouli* patchouli, right? Like a yummy non-hippy patchouli?

    I can't wait to give the new soap a try!!Lemongrass sounds summery and delightful-
    LP

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it's patchouli... but blended with other stuff, it doesn't smell like a cracked out hippy... i know...

    ReplyDelete