June 4, 2009

a big mistake...

WHY WHY WHY did I ever think it was a good idea to just pop out for lunch and see where the car would take me?

MY THOUGHT: it's a nice day, I'm sick of being in the office... let's just drive up the street... and OOo-- a little shopping center! I'll pick up lunch, but first, maybe I'll go run into a store... ooo- Old Navy! Do I need anything...??....no... but $15 dresses! $15 tanks!

I walk inside and breeze through the $15 dresses (ugly) and tanks (cheap... no, really) and somehow ended up in the swimsuit section.

Reasons I should not try on swimsuits:

1. NOTHING at Old Navy ever, neverever, fits me right on the bottom half. Ever.
2. $20 a piece? Give me a break.
3. SKIMPINESS... on hips, on butts... all over.

Reasons I did try on swimsuits:

1. there was a onepiece that was cute-ish on the hanger. It really was, and I thought- HEY, maybe'll I not be a hater and give it a whirl.
2. I thought- HEY-- my whole life I've hated how swimsuit bottoms fit me-- maybe today's different.
3. Clothes have been fitting okay lately, I've eaten soup for 3 days straight, maybe I've been covering up this model physique and just didn't realize it.

And guess what...

There's a mean little trick that happens when you're standing in a fitting room with cruel overhead flourescent lighting that makes your thighs appear like jiggly mounds dripping off your own body.

Needless to say, the swimsuit bottoms *did not* flatter, and I left feeling more self-conscious about places I didn't even have issues with before....

So lunch became a small, light Jamba Juice. No sugar, just Splenda, please.... and a fat-buster boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment